RBH is practicing a holistic hands-on approach to diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries through Osteopathy. This high-level wellness therapy focuses on health promotion and disease prevention.
RBH has chosen to work with the Molinari Institute of Health in the UK as a Centre of Excellence to develop Osteopathy in India. Graduates from MIH are known to have been trained by world leading osteopaths, gynaecologists, obstetricians and midwives in the field.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a revolutionary natural therapy in health and pain management. India has opened its doors to this globally timetested, non-invasive; non-pharmaceutical therapy.
A Whole Body Approach
Osteopathy is a safe and effective therapy for pain experienced In the body. Treatment Is based on the principle that the structure and functions of the body are closely integrated, and that a person’s well being is dependent upon the neurological, musculo-skeletal and visceral (internal organs) systems working in harmony.
Osteopaths use a highly developed sense of touch called palpation to assess the problem, diagnose and treat. They do not use medication or surgery. Osteopathy Is a person-centered approach that strives to provide the optimum conditions for health by working with the body’s own healing mechanisms.
Osteopaths treat patients of all ages, from newborn babies to the elderly. Osteopaths treat more than you think! Here are some common issues:
Treatment of Existing Conditions
- Postural and Spinal Dysfunctions
- Sport Injuries – Tennis Elbow, Golfers Elbow
- Chronic Pain and Headaches/Migraine
- Joint Pain & Dysfunctions- Slipped Disc, Sciatica, Back pain, Neck pain, Shoulder pain, Arm pain, Hip pain, Knee pain, Leg pain, Ankle & Foot Pain
- Pain & Stiffness Associated with Arthritis
- Asthma & Breathing Troubles
- Digestive Issues – IBS, Chronic Constipation, Hyperacidity
- Hormonal Issues – PCOD, Thyroid Disorders, Menstrual Disorders
- Fertility Difficulties
- Immune System Related Issues
- Paediatrics and Elderly Complaints
- Pregnancy and its Complications
- Chronic Stress of Physical, Mental and Emotional Etiology
- Most Visceral (Organs) Complaints – Fatty Liver, Diabetes etc
- Post Traumatic and Post Surgery Complications
- General Body Stiffness / Chronic Fatigue
- Workplace Injuries
Osteopathy Consultation & Treatment
What to Expect from Osteopathy Consultation
The first visit can take up to an hour in order to discuss and arrive at a thorough understanding of the overall health status and why a consultation has been sought. The Osteopath will ask detailed questions about the present symptoms, and then perform a series of examinations. An Osteopath will observe posture, may check joints, skin, muscle tone and viscera via palpation (sensing through touch which is a highly developed skill that Osteopaths use for diagnosis). The Osteopath will explain the problem and discuss the line of treatment.Every patient responds differently to pain and treatment, and therefore, treatment sessions and frequency are dependent upon multiple factors. Typically, patients with acute pain receive four treatments on an average, maintaining a gap of several days in between therapies. Chronic problems may require more sessions on a less frequent basis.
Osteopaths use a variety of techniques to aid the expression of health for their patients.These can include palpation, stretching, soft tissue techniques,muscle energy techniques and manipulation. All techniques aim to improve range of movement, reduce muscle tightness, improve blood flow and nerve supply. The patient may also be given advice on lifestyle changes and exercise.