Dr. Poonam Upadhaya
Senior Consultant - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
An MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from BJ Medical College, Pune and with special training in Laparoscopy at AIMS Delhi, Dr. Upadhaya is an accomplished Obstetrician, Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeon and Infertility Specialist and has worked in the highly reputed KEM Hospital in Pune. She is credited with having performed more than 10000 deliveries and over 1000 Hysterectomies. Her areas of interest include Managing High-Risk Pregnancies, Advanced Gynaec Endoscopy and Grooming new talents in medical ethics & newer techniques. As a strong proponent of normal deliveries, she has developed patient strategies and labor protocols to increase normal delivery rates. Dr. Upadhaya’s expertise includes management of complex ovarian cysts and fertility enhancing diagnostic and operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
An accomplished Obstetrician, Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeon and Infertility Specialist Dr. Poonam Upadhyaya is alumni of prestigious institute BJ Medical College, Pune & KEM Hospital, Pune.
She is a strong proponent of normal deliveries and painless labour. Her areas of expertise include managing high risk pregnancy and is a preferred point for delivering post IVF pregnancies, recurrent miscarriage, elderly gravida’s & pregnancy with associated medical disorders.
Her endoscopic expertise includes management of complex ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancies, laparoscopic removal of even large fibroids (myomectomy), total laproscopic hysterectomies, fertility enhancing diagnostic and operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy as well as outpatient hysteroscopy intervention.
She is also expert in treating infertility, endometriosis and ovulatory disorders & menopausal health concerns by medical management. She has developed patient strategies and labour protocols to increase normal delivery rates & decrease cesarean & instrumental deliveries and post partum complications in high risk pregnancies leading to better postnatal outcomes.
Encourage and has successfully done a lot of VBAC (Vaginal birth after Cesarean Cases).
Education and Fellowships
- MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Yavatmal, Maharashtra.
- MS (OBGY) from BJ Medical College, Pune.
- Laparoscopic Training from AIIMS, DELHI.
- Managing High Risk Pregnancies
- Advanced Gynaec Endoscopy
- Grooming new talents in medical ethics & newer techniques
- Worked at KEM Hospital, Pune, referral centre for high risk pregnancies, gynace, endoscopy and fertility Solutions
- Consultant at Tagore Hospital, Mansarovar, Jaipur
- Senior Consultant & HOD (OBGY) at Apex Hospital, Mansarovar, Jaipur
- Visiting Consultant at Cocoon Hospital, Jaipur.
- Performed more than 10,000 deliveries
- More than 1,000 Hysterectomies including Laparoscopic hysterectomy for large uterus, up to 26 weeks.
- Non descent Vaginal hysterectomy (NDVH) for up to 16 weeks uterus.
- Many tubal secanalization (Open & Laparoscopic) excellent result.
- Principal investigator in International, Randomized Multicentre parallel group assessor, blind study to compare efficacy & safety of Feligraf & GOWAL-F in subjects undergoing COI.
- SELSI (Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India)
- FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrician & Gynecological Societies of India)
- IFS (Indian Fertility Society)
- AGESR (Association of gynaec endoscopic surgeons of Rajasthan)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Forum
- NARDHI (National Association of Reproductive Child Health of India)
- IMS (Indian Menopause Society)
- JDGS (Jaipur Obstetrician & Gynaecological Society)