Dr. Amit Chakrabarty
Senior Consultant - Neuro Surgery
Specialty Timings :
Monday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
Tuesday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
Wednesday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
Thursday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
Friday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
Saturday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)
Sunday - (11:00 AM - 04:00 PM)Book an appointment
Education and Fellowships
- Fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery and micro neurosurgery, Helsinki University central hospital, Helsinki, Finland, 20/05/2011 to 20/02/2012
- MCh- Neurosurgery, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, India. August-2008.
- MS-General Surgery, G.R.Medical College, Gwalior, India. Dec.-2004
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India. September- 2000
- Vascular neurosurgery
- Micro neurosurgery
- Brain Tumors
Research and Publications
- “The efficacy of transforaminal epidural steroid injection in lumbosacral radiculopathy” Neurology India, Year: 2011 | Volume: 59 | Issue: 5 | Page: 685-689, Chinmoy Roy, Nilay Chatterjee, Satya Narayan Patro, Amit Chakrabarty, G.R.Vijay Kumar, Robin Sengupta,
- Video publication in surgical neurology international – http://surgicalneurologyinternational.com/blog/2012/01/10/cavernous-sinus-hemangiopericytoma/
- Video publication in surgical neurology international – http://surgicalneurologyinternational.com/blog/2012/01/05/meningioma-of-cerebellopontine-angle/
- ”Anatomy and Morphology of giant aneurysms-Angiographic Study of 125 Consecutive cases”. Acta Neurochirugica, Jan 2014, Volume 156, Issue 1, pp 1-10
Ville Nurminen, Martin Lehecka, Amit Chakrabarty, Riku Kivisaari, Hanna Lehto, Mika Niemela, Juha Hernesniemi
- “Cerebral microdialysis for assessing intracerebral hypoglycemia: Can it act as a prognostic marker in severe traumatic brain injury?” Neurology India, March-April, 2016
- Artical reviewer in(10.12688/f1000research.6799.2) Munakomi S and Bhattarai B. Case Report: A case report of unstable Hangman fracture in aeighty-year-oldd male
- Quantitative research ontraumaticbrain injury in India: The Travails and the new optimism; Neurology India /Volume 65/ issue 2 / March-April 2017; V D Sinha, Amit Chakrabarty
- The pattern of reporting and practices for the management of traumatic brain injury: An overview of published literature from India; Neurology IndiaAmit Agrawal, Amey Savardekar1, Mitasha Singh2, Ranabir Pal2, Dhaval P Shukla1, Andres M Rubiano3, Virendra D Sinha4, Geetha R Menon5, Sagar Galwankar6, Luis Rafael Moscote-Salazar3, Prashant Bhandarkar7, Ashok Munivenkatappa8, Ugan Meena4, Amit Chakrabarty9Volume 66 | Issue 4 | July‑August 2018
- Sr.Consultant Neurosurgeon, Rukmini Birla Hospital, Jaipur, India – 05.12.2016-till date
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Eternal Hospital, Jaipur – 01.12.2014-04.12.2016
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Barala Hospital and Research Centre, Jaipur – 01.04.2012-30.11.2014
- Fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery and micro neurosurgery at Helsinki University central hospital, Helsinki, Finland – 20.05.2011- 20.02.2012
- Consultant in Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurosciences-Kolkata, India – 01.02.2010-14.05.2011
- Consultant in Neurosurgery, Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Male’ Maldives – 14.10.2009-13.01.2010
- Asstt. Consultant in Neurosurgery, S.K.SONI Hospital, Jaipur, India – 01.09.2008- 08.10.2009
- Neurosurgical residency, S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur, India – 07.07.2005- 06.07.2008
- Registrar in Neurosurgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India – March 2005 to June 2005
- Registrar in Neurosurgery, Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi, India – Jan.2005 to March 2005
- Surgery residency, G.R. Medical College, Gwalior, India – July 2001 to Dec. 2004
- Junior Resident In Anatomy, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradoon, India- Jan 2001 to March 2001
- Pursued a clinical fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery and micro neurosurgery at Helsinki university central hospital, Helsinki, Finland. The programme director for the fellowship is Prof.Juha Hernesniemi, a renowned neurovascular surgeon known all over the world for his innovative approaches in handling cerebrovascular cases. This center is considered one of the leading centre for microneurosurgery in the world.
- Consultant in neurosurgery at Institute of Neurosciences Kolkata, India 1st February, 2010 to 14th May, 2011. At the institute had the privilege to work with Prof. Robin Sengupta (awarded neurosurgeon of the millennium by NSI ) in 2000. He was independently handling all neurosurgical operations and outpatient clinic at the Institute
- Consultant in neurosurgery at I.G.M.hospital, Male’, Republic of Maldives 14th October, 2009 to 13th January, 2010.
- Worked under Dr. S.R. Dharker (ex Pex-Principal Prof. & Head Department of Neurosurgery, S.M.S. medical college, Jaipur, past president of Neurological Society of India and a neurosurgeon of international fame and trained under M.G.Yasargil ) as the assistant consultant in neurosurgery at S.K. Soni hospital, a 300 bedded multispeciality hospital 01th September, 2008 to 08th October, 2009.
- MCh neurosurgery residency for three years at S.M.S. Hospital, Jaipur, India (largest tertiary care super speciality hospital of the state). During residency, he assisted around 1200 neurosurgical cases. 7th July, 2005 to 06th July, 2008.
- Senior registrarship under Dr. A.N. Jha and Dr. Rajendra Prasad (both eminent neurosurgeons in India) in the Department of Neurosurgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India, a 700 bedded tertiary care super speciality hospital. March 2005 to June 2005.
- During M.S. General Surgery he was posted in the Department of Neurosurgery for three months where he was involved in neurosurgical ward work and assisting in surgeries. July 2001 to December 2004.
- Executive member (elect) of Neurotrauma society of India
- Life member of Neurological society of India
- Life member of Neurotrauma society of India
- Member of Neurotrauma society of Jaipur
A 55 years old gentleman was admitted in Neurology with complaints of recurrent seizure...Read more
Idiopathic Intra Cranial Hypertension (IIH) is a disorder of unknown aetiology that pre...Read more