Dr. Abhinav Sharma
Director - Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Dr. Abhinav Sharma is one of the finest Gastroenterologists from Jaipur, Rajasthan specialising in Gastroenterology and expert in Therapeutic GI Endoscopic procedures especially challenging cases.
Post completing his MBBS from JLN Medical College Ajmer in 1996 and MD from SMS Medical College Jaipur in 1999, he pursued further specialisation in Gastroenterology i.e. DM (Doctorate of Medicine in Gastroenterology) from SGPGIMS Lucknow in 2006.
He has worked in prestigious hospitals like Fortis Escorts Hospital Jaipur for 11 years before joining CK Birla Hospital as Director in the Department of Gastroenterology.
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- IBD, GI cancers
- Hepatitis B, C, alcoholic liver disease, fatty liver disease
Research and Publications
- Yachha SK, Abhinav Sharma, Anshu Srivastava, Ujjal Poddar, Uttam Singh, Sanjay Kumar Somani, Superimposed Acute Viral Hepatitis on Chronic Liver Disease and differentiation from Acute Viral Hepatitis among jaundiced children (submitted for publication, under review).
- Bala L, Sharma A, Yellapu RK, Roy R, Choudhuri G, Khetrapal CL. HNMR spectroscopy of ascitic fluid; discrimination between malignant and benign ascites and comparison of the results with conventional methods. NMR Biomed. 2008 Jul; 21(6):606-14.
- Sharma A, Poddar U, Yachha SK. Time to recognize a typical celiac disease in Indian children. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2007 Nov-Dec; 26(6):269-73.
- Sharma A, Itha S, Bhat G, Capsule endoscopy in India. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2006 Nov-Dec; 25(6):323; author reply 323.
- Itha S, Sharma A, Bhatt G. Norfloxacin and cisapride combination decreases the incidence of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in cirrhotic ascites. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006 Oct; 21(10):1634.
- Sharma A, Itha S, Baijal SS, Gupta R, Sonkar A, Aggarwal R, Superior sagittal sinur thrombosis and Budd-Chiari syndrome due to paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria managed with transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt: a case report. Trop Gastroenterol. 2005 Jul-Sep; 26(3):146-8.
- Ghoshal UC, Sachdeva S, Sharma A, Gupta D, Misra A, Cholangiocarcinoma presenting with severe gastroparesis and pseudoachalasia. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2005 Jul-Aug; 24(4):167-8.
Awards and Honors
- ‘Positive impact of awareness campaign on referral of neonatal cholestasis in India’ Presented at 14th Biennial conference of the Asian Pacific Association for the study of the Liver, New Delhi Dec 11-15 2004. Best paper presentation award in the poster session.
- ‘Jaundice in children: Acute viral hepatitis or chronic liver disease?’ Presented at XVth National conference of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Hyderabad IAP, Gastroenterology subchapter Oct 15-16, 2005. Awarded first prize in poster session.
- A typical celiac disease in children: are we missing many of them? Presented at the 45th annual conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology, ISGCON, 1-5 October 2004, Jaipur. Selected for the Presidential poster.
- Life member: Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG), Mumbai.